Saturday, February 2, 2013

Valentine's Day Craft Ideas

We've done a couple Valentine's crafts so far (mostly with Girl Scouts), and we'll be doing several more.

But I thought I'd share what we've done so far so that you have time to work on them if you're interested!


We made placemats (ignore how lumpy they are... I was doing the sample really quickly!) 2 pieces of Contac paper, a few heart cutouts, and the edging is wrapping paper from Target's $1 bin (ribbon would work too but it was out of my price range to do it for 10 girls!)

These are my all-time favorite quick craft, and it's crazy cheap! Holiday themed bookmarks... Use multicolored paint chips (I cut off the color names and numbers and got 2 per paint chip). Then use a heart shaped hole punch, which was only $4 at Michael's (on sale for $2!). Punch a hole in the end and thread ribbon through it.

My kids have gone nuts with this, we went back and bought several shaped punchers while they were on sale. And Bok Boy made a bunch of them for his teacher to use as prizes in the classroom. Plus, the punched out hearts are perfect for filler for the placemat craft!

0 comments:

Post a Comment