Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ice skating under the stars (and the palm trees!)

I know I'm behind, but I thought I'd share one of our adventures with you all. After Christmas we took the kids ice skating. It was Little Miss' first time and Bok Boy's second (and hubby said after the last time he'd never do it again unless they had lessons because he was sore for days from holding Bok Boy up!)

This time we went to an outdoor rink in southern California and let the kids try it. While it was not the best situation (tiny, overcrowded rink, bad skates, etc), they still had a ball!


I saw a lot of this at the beginning (hubby holding them up as their legs went out from under them)

And they both spent a lot of time on the ground...

But by the end of the hour, Bok Boy could go around the rink by himself without falling,


and Little Miss made it at least halfway around without falling!

I was so excited for them, and they had tons of fun! Just a side note, though... don't let your kids wear brand new jeans to go ice skating in if they don't know how to skate. My mother in law called me upstairs frantic because of the huge bruises on the kids' knees, only to find out that they were mostly dye from the jeans!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had fun! Just came across your blog, love the title! It's so true! Button Swap?

    Mommygaga.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! Outdoor rinks are so neat.

    ReplyDelete